Power BI Intelligent Dashboards
Coats, the world’s leading industrial thread manufacturer and textile leader, trusted KiZAN to develop intelligent dashboards to deliver real-time and historical KPI insights for a variety of business users. The solution supports high-level and granular visualizations for easy comprehension of current statuses and historical trends and provides alerts for key manufacturing processes. The reports leverage existing cloud-based data repositories and data streams, such as Azure Analysis Services, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Stream Analytics and Azure Cosmos DB.
- Professionally designed reports with an emphasis on aesthetics and ease of navigation were needed for multiple resolutions (i.e., computer screens, large-screen TVs, and touch-enabled tablets)
- Data was pulled from three separate data sources: (Azure Analysis Services, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and Azure Stream Analytics)
- Needed to present data at the global, plant, and plant section levels.
- KiZAN proactively built a set of reports based on sample data
- Demonstrated the capabilities of Power BI and KiZAN’s understanding of the desired outcome
- Reports utilize a variety of visualization techniques which facilitate the understanding and exploration of data.
- A subset of the reports support Power BI’s advanced data exploration capabilities (e.g., natural language processing for answering questions in plain English), and generate automated insights by examining patterns found in the data.
- Certain reports and dashboards enable users to subscribe to report pages and receive data-driven alerts.